System Thread Exception not handled is the BOSD (Blue Screen of Death) error message which a very common problem among Windows 8 and Windows 10 users. Mostly this error occurs when you turn on your computer and instead of the desktop screen you see a blue screen with this error message.
The main reason behind the occurrence of this error message is driver malfunction. Sometimes Windows automatically repair it and start the Windows normally. But sometimes the Windows is not able to repair itself, then this blue screen will appear permanently. Terrifying isn’t it? But don’t you worry, we’re here to assist you.
Today, we are going to talk about the best methods to fix system thread exception not handled error message.
How To Fix System Thread Exception Not Handled Error
System thread exception not handled is related to memory corruption such as outdated or missing driver, incompatible system. We’re going to list some of the best quick and easy methods to fix your system thread exception not handled error message which are listed below:-
1. Update Corrupted Drivers:-
One of the best solutions to fix system thread exception not handled is updating drivers that cause problems. Follow below-mentioned steps to update corrupted drivers:-
- Press Windows key+ R.
- Type devmgmt.msc in the search box and hit enter.
- Expand each category and check the drivers, if you see any question mark or yellow triangle next to any device that means marked driver is outdated or corrupted.
- Right-click on mark driver and select properties.
- Now choose the update option to update your drivers.
2. Update BIOS:-
Sometimes due to incompatibility or memory conflict of BIOS(Basic Input Output System), system thread exception not handled error can arise. So you need to update BIOS in this situation.
- Press Windows+R at the same time to invoke Run Command.
- Now type CMD in the Search box of the run command.
- Type this command wmic baseboard get manufacturer, product in CMD to get your motherboard model name and manufacturer’s details.
Now you have to visit the manufactures website and download BIOS which usually comes in .zip or .exe format. Just follow the instruction given on the manufacturer website and install the bios update and get rid of System thread exception not handled errors.
3. Fix Your Corrupted System Files:-
Corrupted system files may also be the cause. You can repair your faulty or corrupted files by following the below-mentioned instructions.
- Press Windows key+R and type CMD.
- Open Command prompt as administrator.
- Type int the command line CHKDSK C: /F /R and follow the instruction displayed on your screen, Now your Windows will start automatically and Windows will find the corrupted files and replace them.
4. Use Safe Mode:-
If you are not able to access your Windows homepage due to System exception thread not handled loop. In this situation, you can use safe mode to get rid of Blue Screen Of Death(BSOD) errors.
- To enter into a safe mode press start and then press the shift key and click on the Restart option. Now a startup Windows will appear on your screen.
- In the startup, Windows navigate to the path Troubleshoot > Advanced Options > Startup Settings and now your system will restart.
- Now multiple options will appear on your screen choose Enable Safe Mode option.
- Now your computer will start in safe mode, no all you have to do is just update your corrupted drivers by using method 1.
5. Fix Incompatible Hardware And Software:-
Sometimes we install software from unknown sources, that can ruin your pc. And can be the reason for frequent system thread exception not handled or BSOD occurrence. So uninstalling them is one of the best solutions, you can try.
- Go to the control panel of your computer.
- Now find the most recently installed program that you think can cause problems.
6. Reinstall Windows:-
If you still facing problems even after following the above methods or you find the above-mentioned methods hard to follow then reinstalling Windows is the best solution that you can adapt. Before you re-install Windows I would suggest you take your backup to avoid any kind of data loss at the time of Windows reinstallation.
- Go to the Windows setting and click on “Update & Security”.
- Now click on the “Recovery” tab.
- A popup Windows will appear on your screen asking “Did you mean to switch application” and click Yes.
- Now you will see the fresh start option, click on get started button.
- In a while, you will see a list displaying apps that are going to delete along with the window.
Click next to download the latest version of the Windows, this will take some time depending on your broadband speed.
The System thread exception not handled is the most annoying error we face while using a Windows operating system. Hopefully, one of these above-mentioned methods has helped you to get rid of System thread exception not handled error.
If you have any doubts or queries regarding these, feel free to drop them in the comment section. Cheers!