Spotify allows you to listen to millions of songs and podcasts on your Android, iPhone, or PC. You can enjoy music in your region language or from the artist whom you love to listen to. Spotify launched on 7 October 2008 as an audio streaming platform. If you’re the premium subscriber of Spotify then you can enjoy ad-free music and create your own personalized playlist. Spotify allows you to download your songs, so you can listen to them you’re offline. In the most recent update users complained that their Spotify app is not responding, let us find out how we can fix this issue.
Let us jump onto the methods to fix this common issue.
- 1 How to Fix Spotify Application Not Responding Error
- 2 Conclusion:-
How to Fix Spotify Application Not Responding Error
The Spotify application is not responding to startup is the worse situation which arises due to many reasons. Such as the application has a new update, or the computer has drive error. Today we’re set to talk about some possible solutions that can help you to get rid of the Spotify application is not responding problem.
1. Close And Relaunch Spotify:-
Sometimes due to any internal error, the Spotify application didn’t launch properly and maybe this is the cause of the error. The best and simple way to get rid of this is to close the Spotify application. And relaunch the Spotify application when it completely shut down. If the method works as expected then it’s great otherwise worry not. We have more tricks for you to get rid of the Spotify application is not responding.
2. Restart Your PC:-
Restarting your PC method might seem a bit old school trick to get rid of any kind of error, we face while using our computer. But believe me that this simple method can help you to fix the Spotify application that is not responding error.
So just restart your PC and launch the Spotify application. If your Spotify application is still showing the same error then follow below given method.
3. Quit Spotify Application In Task Manager:-
Sometimes even after closing apps, their process never stops properly continually runs in the background. And when you relaunch your application again Windows generate errors because Spotify is already running in the background. This is the simplest and most effective method to fix Spotify not opening on Windows 10. So whenever you face such types of errors then simply quit the application using task manager.
- Press “Ctrl+shift+esc” .
- Click on the Process tab, and you will see a number of apps running on the Windows computer.
- Locate to the Spotify and right-click on it and then click on “End Task” to quit Spotify application from the background.
- Press “Command+option+Ecs” simultaneously, after this a force quit application window will appear on your screen.
- locate Spotify and click on “Force Quit”.
4. Perform Clean Installation Of Spotify:-
If you’re still not managed to fix the Spotify application is not responding error then it’s possible that something wrong got happened with Spotify application when you perform the application. So just uninstall your currently installed Spotify and perform a fresh installation by following below-stated methods:-
- Simply Uninstall Spotify, by visiting the control panel of your PC.
- Go to file explorer and locate the Spotify folder in which previously installed Spotify application data is stored. Simply delete this folder.
- Restart your PC and reinstall your Spotify application in order to listen to your favorite music without any problem.
5. Allow Spotify To Run Under Firewall:-
Many users say that the Spotify application is not responding error just got solved by allowing Spotify application to run under firewall. Day by day our firewall and antivirus program is upgrading with more advanced features in order to keep our computer protected from, malware, Ransome, and viruses. Our firewall or antivirus program can also be the reason for the Spotify application is not responding error message. To solve it here is how to do it.
- Type Security in the search box and select Windows Security.
- Go to the virus and threat protection tab and click on Manage Setting.
- Locate to the Exclusion tab and click on Add or remove exclusions.
- Choose the Add an extension and select Folder option then add the Spotify folder as an exclusion.
After following the above steps, you have successfully added Spotify as an exclusion that means you have added Spotify to the whitelist of Microsoft Windows Defender.
6. Disable The Internet Connection On Your PC:-
Simply disable your internet connection in order to prevent the Spotify application is not responding error occurs again. When Spotify starts simply enable the internet connection on your PC.
7. Update Drivers:-
Updating driver is another solution in order to solve the Spotify application that is not responding. Always make sure that you have the correct driver installed on your computer. So your system can run smoothly and prevents you from errors. You can update the driver manually or you can use various tools available online that help you to update your outdated driver automatically.
The Spotify application is not responding is a common error faced on Android, and iPhone Or Windows PC or macOS. Some users suggested using Spotify web version you can use your the Spotify application is not responding error, but this is not the solution, this is just an alternative way to use Spotify. So that’s it for today.
I have explained all the possible methods to get rid of the Spotify application is not responding to frustrating error which occurs without any warnings. I have tried my best to make all of these solutions extremely easy for you to apply. If you still find any difficulties while using these methods then let us know by using the commenting section.