The “Find My iPhone” feature is designed to help iPhone users to locate their iPhone or iPad. It also prevents a thief from erasing your iPhone. Find My iPhone feature used to locate their lost or stolen Apple devices. To locate your Apple device you just have to sign in with your iCloud account that you used to sign-in on your lost or stolen Apple device. One main reason to Turn Off Find My iPhone is that if you are concerned about your privacy because it allows someone (who has your Apple ID and password) to be able to track you.
Let us go about various ways how you can turn off this feature on your iPhone.
How To Turn Off Find My iPhone Feature?
Apple always recommends it’s a user to keep Find My iPhone feature on, to avoid any type of incidents. But there are times when you want to turn off Find My iPhone features such as when you’re getting ready to sell your iPhone. Or if your iPhone needs to be sent for service then Apple always asks you to turn off this feature. Now if you are curious to know how to turn off Find My iPhone, go through below stated methods:-
1. How To Turn Off Find My iPhone On iOS 13:-
To turn off this feature on iOS 13:-
- Go to your iPhone setting app then click on your account located at the top below the search bar.
- Tap on Find My and then click on Find My iPhone.
- Now toggle off the Find My iPhone green button.
- A pop window will display on your iPhone asking you to enter your Apple ID password to turn off Find My iPhone.
2. How To Turn Off Find My iPhone On iOS 12 Or Lower:-
To turn off this feature on iOS 12 or lower:-
- Go to Settings and tap on your name.
- Scroll down to the bottom and turn off iPhone to Find My iPhone by sliding the switch to the left.
- A pop-up window will appear on your screen asking you to enter your iCloud account password. Enter your password and click on “Turn Off”.
3. Turn It Off If You No Longer Own The Phone:-
If you have sold your iPhone to iPhone and no longer want to use Find My iPhone feature on your old phone. Then you can do that by using the Find My iPhone app or website.
- Go to the website https://www.icloud.com/find.
- Log into your account by using your Apple ID and password.
- Select the device on which you no longer want to use the Find My iPhone feature.
- Click on the Erase Phone option and on the next window confirm your Apple ID password.
- After your old device got erased tap on remove account. And your old device will disappear from your Find My iPhone screen.
Using Find My iPhone App:-
You can also, turn off find my iPhone using Find My iPhone app, available on Apple store and free to download. To do this login with your Apple ID credentials, and go to the device list and choose the device which you no longer want to use to Find My iPhone. Tap on the Erase option and enter your Apple ID password to continue. If your device is offline, then the remote erase will automatically begin when your iPhone comes online next time.
Find My iPhone is an extremely useful feature that comes by default with most Apple devices. We never suggest you turn off this feature because in case of any stolen or loss then you have a chance to keep track of your device. If you still want to turn off Find My iPhone, then I hope this article helps you to did this.
Except for the above-mentioned methods a few more methods also available but they are not as much effective as above mentioned methods and comes with a lot of security issues that’s why we haven’t included them in our list. If you’re going to sell your device or passing it to someone else then we would suggest you turn off Find My iPhone to ensure the safety of your personal information.
If you want to share your valuable thoughts or want to discuss any problem you face while using your Android, iPhone, and PC. Then please let us know by commenting below.