Are you not able to open your Geforce experience? Do not worry, you are not the only one. There have been several complaints and reports that “Geforce experience not working” error comes up very often on their screen. This can be troublesome as it is the main component of graphic settings.
If you are one for whom Geforce experience is not working, worry not, for there are several ways by which we can make Geforce experience work as usual. This article will guide you through various methods to make it work!
- 1 METHODS TO FIX ‘GEFORCE EXPERIENCE NOT WORKING’:
- 2 CONCLUSION:
METHODS TO FIX ‘GEFORCE EXPERIENCE NOT WORKING’:
About Geforce experience, it is a software offered by Nvidia to all its users to change the graphic settings, update drivers and record gameplay. It contains an easy interface that lets us customize the settings as per our wish and game requirement. It is multi-purpose software that lets us play the game the way we want.
Here are 7 methods listed below to make your Geforce experience work properly.
1. REINSTALL GEFORCE EXPERIENCE ON YOUR SYSTEM:
On way to make the Geforce experience to work is to install it again from the official Nvidia website. It is an easy method that can be carried out in simple steps as given below.
1. Press the windows and R key to open Run command. Input ‘appwiz.cpl‘ in the run command and click ‘OK’.
2. Select the Nvidia Geforce experience from the list of installed apps displayed in the Programs window and uninstall it.
3. Now, visit the official Nvidia website and download the Geforce experience directly from the website.
4. Install the downloaded file on your computer and check whether it works. If it works, good for you! Else, move on to the next method.
2. UPDATE OR REINSTALL NVIDIA GRAPHICS DRIVER:
Another cause of Geforce experience not working may be the corrupted or incorrect Nvidia graphics driver which may restrict it from opening. To fix this issue, you must update your Nvidia graphics driver, which can be done in two ways.
Manually – Updating the graphic card driver can be performed manually by visiting the manufacturer’s site and searching for the recently updated graphic card driver. Care must be taken to choose the compatible driver for your computer.
Automatically – When faced with the time constraint, you can update the graphic card driver easily by installing ‘Driver Easy’. Driver Easy recognizes your computer automatically and aids in finding the correct graphics card driver that is compatible with your computer. It also does the job of downloading and installing them automatically on your computer.
You can also reinstall the driver to make and try launching it again to make the Geforce experience work. Below are the steps to be followed to reinstall the driver.
1. Press the windows and X key and select ‘Device Manager’ from the menu.
2. Under ‘Display adapters’, click on Nvidia Geforce entry and uninstall it.
3. Visit the Nvidia official website and search for drivers manually.
4. Now, download it and restart your computer to reinstate the new settings. Do check whether Geforce experience opens, else next method!
3. RE-ENABLE THE GEFORCE EXPERIENCE SERVICE:
Re-enabling the Geforce experience service might also work sometimes, the steps for which re given below.
1. Input windows and R key to open Run command and type ‘services.msc‘ on it and press ‘Enter’ to open the Services console.
2. Search for Nvidia Geforce experience service on the services window and set the startup type to ‘Automatic’. Now, restart it.
3. Do the same process for Nvidia Geforce Backened Service and open Geforce experience to see if it works successfully.
4. ENABLE NVIDIA TELEMETRY CONTAINER:
Sometimes, Windows does not allow the administrator permission to all the apps that you install on your computer concerning security reasons. The same may happen to Nvidia Geforce experience as well. Note down the steps given below to fix this issue.
1. Press the Windows key and type ‘Services’.
2. Search for ‘Nvidia Telemetry Container’ on Services.
3. Click on ‘Nvidia Telemetry Container’ and select ‘Properties’. In Properties, change from General to Log on Tab. Select the ‘Local system account’ and do check the ‘Allow service to interact with desktop’ below it.
4. Set the start type to ‘Automatic’ in the General tab.
5. Click on the ‘OK’ button and restart your computer to reinstate the necessary changes.
5. CHANGE PATHS IN REGISTRY EDITOR:
People generally use SSD for their main system drive and HDD for storage. This might sometimes lead to confusion for windows and it might change the default program directory to some other drive.
So, do check the default program directory path in the Registry Editor and make changes if there is an error.
Follow the steps below to change the default program directory.
1. Input ‘Registry Editor’ in the start menu and open it.
2. In my computer, follow Computer -> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> SOFTWARE -> Microsoft -> Windows -> CurrentVersion.
3. Input the values of the data similar to the above picture. Click on the value in case of changing the data.
4. Reinstall Nvidia graphics now and you won’t find any errors since all the programs will be installed in the ‘C’ drive.
6. DISABLE ANTIVIRUS:
Some security software is said to meddle with the Geforce experience operations. So when you are faced with this error ‘Geforce experience not working’, do disable antivirus software so that you can continue using Geforce experience.
‘Geforce experience not working’ is yet another common error that many Nvidia users face due to various reasons, but one that could also be fixed easily.
So, when faced with this error, do follow any one of the above steps and find yourself enjoying your games as per your graphics settings and updates!